As the largest provider of websites in the industry, we understand what it takes to build a website that works for your business. Ask yourself these 10 questions to see if your website is delivering all that it should for your business and the families you serve.
1. Are the recent obituaries displayed on the homepage?
Obits Should Be Displayed on the Homepage
All Batesville sites display the obits prominently on the home page, because our research shows this essential to help families quickly find the information they are looking for in their time of need.
2. Is the name, address and telephone number displayed on the home page?
Make It Easy for Families to Find You
Batesville sites are built so that the funeral home information can easily be seen by visitors to the site.
3. Is your website mobile optimized?
Be Sure That Your Site is Mobile-Ready
In a recent survey, 60% of mobile users said they would leave a site if it was not mobile-optimized. All Batesville sites are are mobile-ready at no additional charge.
4. Is your website generating revenue?
Generate Incremental Revenue Through E-commerce
Batesville’s Expression of Sympathy program offers competitive commissions on flowers, cards and DVDs available for purchase directly from the website.
5. Does the obit allow visitors to view a video, sign a guestbook, order flowers, send a card and send a gift?
Help Visitors Interact With Families & Express Condolences
The WebLink obituary allows visitors to interact with the family through viewing a video, signing a guestbook, and sending flowers, a card or a gift. WebLink Custom obituaries have these features and more with document storage, family tree information, etc.
6. Does the website extend services to families post-funeral? (grief support, preneed, etc)
Provide Continued Grief Support After the Service
Griefwords, which contains articles from leading grief counselor Dr, Alan Wolfelt, is available on all WebLink websites. For a premium, the library can be expanded to include additional articles.
7. Can the website be found quickly when searched on Google, Yahoo or Bing?
Improved Search Engine Optimization
With Batesville Technology Solutions being the largest provider of funeral home websites, our web rankings are stronger than ever. Funeral homes on our platforms benefit from the sheer volume of websites that we have in the market.
8. When you need help with your website is support easily accessible?
Make Sure That Help is There When You Need It
Batesville has a dedicated support team immediately accessible during business hours and doing 24/7 monitoring of technical support issues.
9. Are you able to easily add and change content within the pages of your site?
Have the Flexibility to Change Your Content
It’s your site, so you should have the flexibility to easily add and change content. Batesville provides a perfect balance between content that you update and professionally managed content that we provide. Have the flexibility to make changes, but not the stress of updating your entire website on your own.
10. Is your online guestbook professionally managed and monitored?
Save Time & Avoid Embarrassment With a Professionally Managed Guestbook
Batesville has the capability to manage your guestbook for you. We will filter out spam and inappropriate comments, so that the online guestbook remains a cherished remembrance for family and friends.